Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A pearl from my TV viewing last night

I intermittently watch Brothers and Sisters. I like it but often forget it's on. Last night after ironing I sat to watch the end of it and amongst my tears (yes I'm a TV sook), this pearl of wisdom was heard.

"Sometimes I look at everyone and the things they have accomplished in their lives and I haven't.

And then I look at one of my kids and I know not a single day has been wasted, and what's important are the days still to come." Nora Walker - Brothers and Sisters.

So very true. I often look particularly at Facebook and all the people I grew up with and went to school with and feel a little envious that they are travelling or have built their dream homes or been successful in their careers.But what I'm doing now, where I am now was my dream. And still is my dream. Since I was young all I wanted to be was a Mum, and then a Teacher ;) But a Mum first. And it's my job to make all the days to come count, each one more than the last.

xxx

No comments: