Monday, October 6, 2008

Old friends

After a crappy start to the day where anything that could go wrong did (and that includes Jake trying to eat his own poo!!) I had a lovely visit from two of my oldest school friends, Rach and her little one Toby, and Mandi and her newborn Noah.

We always try to catch up (along with Ess) at least once a month and although they are busy days it's so nice to get among familiar friends and just chat about EVERYTHING. I can't even explain how I feel but it was SO good to be able to talk about stuff I never thought I'd be able to talk about with anyone, I feel a little bit lighter. And I feel so lucky to still have friends like this after all these years. Even though we haven't always been in contact it's so comforting to know that after this long we can still just hang out and chat without fear of judgement.

I didn't get any pics of the kiddies again, but I will have to next time. Apart from little Noah they never stay still long enough!

2 comments:

Essie said...

Oooh, I'm so bummed. Minol's appointment got put off til tomorrow so I could have come down! I missed hanging with you guys. I love it too that we can get together and just chat about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!! PS. You ROCK Bec!

Bec said...

Aww Ess you should have come down! It would have been great to see you both. You have to let us know when you're available before you go! How did Minol go at his appointment?