Sunday, May 18, 2008

The first blog

My first blog and here it is. I don't know that I have anything terribly interesting to offer but needed a place to share my joy of MCN with. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, it is Modern Cloth Nappies. I am in love with and addicted to fluff....it is true. I'm only sorry it took me until the last bub to discover it. Now all my MCN efforts and stashes will go to waste.... :( BUT bub is a mere 8 weeks old so I have many joyous months ahead of me discovering more about MCN....YAY!!! Other than MCN I intend to blog about my everyday life based here at home with the kidlets. These are my babies...

Ben (4), Jacob and Chloe (3).


The last few days I have been taking a few snaps of the fluff I have accumulated thus far. I received last week some Maz-a-licious fleece covers which are just gorgeous and excellently priced too!

Funky little pirates....


Oh so soft blue dot minkee....


And bright green swirly minkee!



Yesterday (with a LOT of help from Mum!) I actually sewed my first fitted nappy.....WHOOOT! For anyone who knows me at all, they will know how challenged I am at such activities. So, this is a huge achievement for me. I made it from my own pattern, based on a Pookey Pockets Quick Dry Newborn nappy and it worked! Needs a bit of adaptation along the back, needs to be higher as it would not contain any poo-splosions but on the whole not a bad first effort! I made it from an old towel for the outer, bamboo fleece for the hidden inner and old flannelette jammies for the inner. Figured I'd best use recycled materials for the experimental phase! Will post pics next time.

Hoping to have a crack at making some more soon, I just need to get the time. Quite a joke really in my house.....I can dream though.

1 comment:

Essie said...

What a cute little nappy model! Yay... you have a blog now! Little Minol and I are all ready to go visit you now so hopefully we'll see you soon!